Friday, March 26, 2010

Blog Post # 2: Prepare a meal



For my meal I prepared a quesadilla. I chose this as my meal because it is very easy and can be made in the microwave, plus a friend of mine left early for spring break and gave me her cheese and tortillas! The meal was obviously very easy to prepare. I took one tortilla, loaded it with cheese on one side, then popped it in the microwave for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds I flipped it over and microwaved it again for another 30 seconds. Then I cut it up and split it with my roommate. She had some salsa in the fridge, so we topped it off with that! I think the meal was delicious, and my roomie would agree. She said I’m a good cook, ha! It was an easy clean up, I just washed the plate. That is why I love quesadillas; they are the easiest, yummiest meal to make. I think we tried to be as healthy as possible with this meal. We had multi-grain tortillas and low-fat cheese, but those are pretty processed foods that Pollen would not appreciate. I think that Pollen is right, but also wrong about the food innovation bringing processed foods. Sometimes processing the food is something that we need to do. Like with cheese, if we don’t process it a little it will go bad very quickly. Grocery stores would have to order less amounts of food at a time, but they would need to increase the shipments, and that would add a lot of environment harming gasses to the air. I do however think that there are some foods that we should not be processing so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment